Concierge Companion Forum - Galloping Gastronomique

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 04:15:29 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Epicurious
| | |-+  Galloping Gastronomique
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Galloping Gastronomique  (Read 12311 times)
Madison
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »

@ Alex, a killer chocolate mousse......sounds yummy ;)

@ James, Croque Monsieur.......very, very yummy
but, toasted pate' and pickled sandwiches? I think I'll take your word on that one. ;)

I double-dog dare you to try it.  /cheers

A dare and a double dare at that........James would have to make it for me and then I might try it. But pate'...........thats a big dare for me....Totally out of this gals comfort zone...... :-\
Madison
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »

but, toasted pate' and pickled sandwiches? I think I'll take your word on that one. ;)

Actually they're very good. :) Personally I can't stand Liver but Liver Pt is okay and when you add that juicy, crunchy, sour dill pickle to it's awesome. I have no idea how I came up with it. Probably during my first pregnancy ;)

sounds like something ELVIS would come up with, lets say like fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches......
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »

sounds like something ELVIS would come up with, lets say like fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches......

Tell me you did not just knock grilled PB&J.   /&
Elvis is gonna turn over in his grave. lol
Guest007

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »

Actually they're very good. :) Personally I can't stand Liver but Liver Pt is okay and when you add that juicy, crunchy, sour dill pickle to it's awesome. I have no idea how I came up with it. Probably during my first pregnancy ;)

Here I am thinking I was the only one who remotely knew about this!
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »

/rolleye2

Speciality would be, (if I dare use the word) Coq au Vin

You dared. I'm shocked.   /cheekkiss

That I used the word "speciality" or "Coq?"  /rolleye2

Yes! Exactly! I do so enjoy a man who gets it on the first try.
Madison
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:45 PM »

What's your favorite cuisine? French, Italian, Spanish,Moroccan

What's that thing you used to get when you lived or visited there, whereever there was, can't get here, and you wish you could?  your going to laugh, but fried dill pickles in Mississippi........they were the best!!!!

Whats something you love, but others think is odd, strange, or yucky?  (Yucky= highly technical term.)
peanut butter and syrup sandwiches........I know odd, right.....my third pregnancy brought those on...

Do you cook? Whats your specialty? Yes, I love to cook.......my specialty, hmmmmmm  I love trying new recipes, but my most asked for dish at home is fried chicken and sweet potato casserole.........very southern foods, of course

Do you drink wine? If yes, do you prefer white or red? red blended

What about beer? Dark ale or light pilsner? lite pilsner, if I drink it. Not much of a beer drinker

Aged scotch or Strawberry margarita? neither

Mild, medium, spicy, or "call the fired apartment!" medium

Do you have a conviction regarding chocolate? Dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white? Are you a purist, or do you like it with nuts, fruit, or other additions? Which countrys chocolate do you prefer? (Assuming you have a chocolate conviction, of course.)  dark chocolate, with nuts on occassion. Lindts is probably my favoite.

Bon Apptit!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:00:48 PM by Madison » Logged
Guest007

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »

What's your favorite cuisine? French, Italian, Spanish,Moroccan

What's that thing you used to get when you lived or visited there, whereever there was, can't get here, and you wish you could?  your going to laugh, but fried dill pickles in Mississippi........they were the best!!!!

Whats something you love, but others think is odd, strange, or yucky?  (Yucky= highly technical term.)
peanut butter and syrup sandwiches........I know odd, right.....my third pregnancy brought those on...

Do you cook? Whats your specialty? Yes, I love to cook.......my specialty, hmmmmmm  I love trying new recipes, but my most asked for dish at home is fried chicken and sweet potato casserole.........very southern foods, of course

Do you drink wine? If yes, do you prefer white or red? red blended

What about beer? Dark ale or light pilsner? lite pilsner, if I drink it. Not much of a beer drinker

Aged scotch or Strawberry margarita? neither

Mild, medium, spicy, or "call the fired apartment!" medium

Do you have a conviction regarding chocolate? Dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white? Are you a purist, or do you like it with nuts, fruit, or other additions? Which countrys chocolate do you prefer? (Assuming you have a chocolate conviction, of course.)  dark chocolate, with nuts on occassion. Lindts is probably my favoite.

Bon Apptit!

I think I just added something new to my 2012 bucket list! Much appreciated Madison... I think  /thumbsup
Madison
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 09:22:39 PM »

Tell me you did not just knock grilled PB&J.   /&

I did just knock out fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches........sorry :)
Madison
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »

@ Logan.......your welcome! They are delicious, especially in a few places that are musts.
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 09:26:48 PM »

Tell me you did not just knock grilled PB&J.   /&

I did just knock out fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches........sorry :)

'sokay. You redeemed yourself with the peanut butter and syrup. Or was it banana and syrup? PB on waffles with syrup totally rocks!   /rock
Tasha
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »

What's your favorite cuisine? What's that thing you used to get when you lived or visited there, whereever there was, can't get here, and you wish you could?

Vegan.  Yeah, sorry peeps, but that honestly does count as a cuisine.

I had delicious vegan food at some little place in Los Angeles in 2010.  And there is an excellent - but expensive - vegan cafe in my town. The specialize in raw food; even raw cake.  I had raw chocolate cheese cake there once.  OMG, I could have lived on that alone for the rest of my life.   

Whats something you love, but others think is odd, strange, or yucky?  (Yucky= highly technical term.)

Vegan food!    /TF

Do you cook? Whats your specialty?

Short answer - no. (Although I can and do cook for myself.) 

Do you drink wine? If yes, do you prefer white or red? 

No.

What about beer? Dark ale or light pilsner? 

No. 

Aged scotch or Strawberry margarita?

*groans* Oh God ... single malt scotch. (Oh, the memories - but, er, I've been sober for 22 yrs now.) 

Mild, medium, spicy, or "call the fired apartment!" 

Very, very mild...

Do you have a conviction regarding chocolate? Dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white? Are you a purist, or do you like it with nuts, fruit, or other additions? Which countrys chocolate do you prefer? (Assuming you have a chocolate conviction, of course.)

Bittersweet chocolate, around 70% ... perfection. 

Nuts?  Sometimes.  Soft centres?  Maybe.  Toffee and such?  No. 

Bon Apptit!

Merci.    /cheekkiss

Back in business - who saw that coming? - and dressed to kill (apparently...)
winddancer
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 04:32:58 AM »

What's your favorite cuisine?

Mexican or French Bistro

What's that thing you used to get when you lived or visited there, whereever there was, can't get here, and you wish you could?

Bouchon Bakery croissants in Napa.

Whats something you love, but others think is odd, strange, or yucky?  (Yucky= highly technical term.)

Drinking pickle juice from the jar.... I know, I know... but I'm serious.  I love pickle juice.  I also used to eat onions like apples when I was a kid.  I love onions!

Not a big cook.  I'm married to a chef so my cooking does not compare at all.  But the two things that he won't touch and makes me do because he said they are my specialty are:

1) Poached Eggs.  4 minutes on a low rolling boil and they are perfectly gooey inside.

2) French Silk Pie: A recipe from my childhood that my mom and I used to make together for holidays. Think light airy chocolate in a graham cracker crust.

Plus, I'm trying to become a raw vegan so there is not much cooking involved in raw fruits and veggies. :)

YES! Ooops, was that too loud?  I love red wine... Currently fascinated with everything Merlot, Syrah or Zinfandel.  Or a blend thereof.  I found a fantastic blend of all three called Apothic Red.  $8.99 a bottle.  Can't beat that with a stick.

What about beer? Dark ale or light pilsner?

I'm a fan of the white/wheat beers.  Leinenkugal with a big slice of orange is my favorite at the moment.

No scotch.  All I taste is leather when I drink it.  Ugh!  And I guess I'm a margarita purist... no flavors for me just tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup or orange juice and a splash of Grand Marnier.

Mild.  I'm a wimp when it comes to heat. 

Do you have a conviction regarding chocolate? Dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white? Are you a purist, or do you like it with nuts, fruit, or other additions? Which countrys chocolate do you prefer? (Assuming you have a chocolate conviction, of course.)

No convictions.  I try and stay away from sweets because once I get started I can't stop.  Right now, I'm loving all the 70% chocolate bar options that Whole Foods carries.  Especially the organic/fair trade bars.  I like pure chocolate and sometimes other additions like orange or mint.

‎"Life is too short...so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"
Guest007

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 05:56:03 AM »

What's your favorite cuisine? What's that thing you used to get when you lived or visited there, whereever there was, can't get here, and you wish you could?

I had delicious vegan food at some little place in Los Angeles in 2010.  And there is an excellent - but expensive - vegan cafe in my town. The specialize in raw food; even raw cake.  I had raw chocolate cheese cake there once.  OMG, I could have lived on that alone for the rest of my life.   

Whats something you love, but others think is odd, strange, or yucky?  (Yucky= highly technical term.)

Vegan food!    /TF

No.

No. 

*groans* Oh God ... single malt scotch. (Oh, the memories - but, er, I've been sober for 22 yrs now.) 

Very, very mild...

Do you have a conviction regarding chocolate? Dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white? Are you a purist, or do you like it with nuts, fruit, or other additions? Which countrys chocolate do you prefer? (Assuming you have a chocolate conviction, of course.)

Bon Apptit!

Merci.    /cheekkiss

I think I may need to start hanging out w/ you Tasha... see if you can curb me from my alcoholism.  /LOL

The raw chocolate cheese cake sounds delish! Is there any other raw food delicacies you feel you cannot go without? My because trump card in dealing w/ vegan food has always been that it's not an inexpensive diet to maintain. Otherwise I'd consider switching over ASAP. Does it really always cost more to eat healthier than it is to eat like a piglet???

Guest007

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 06:02:30 AM »

YES! Ooops, was that too loud?  I love red wine... Currently fascinated with everything Merlot, Syrah or Zinfandel.  Or a blend thereof.  I found a fantastic blend of all three called Apothic Red.  $8.99 a bottle.  Can't beat that with a stick.

You and me both dancer! And Apothic Red? Definitely on next week's shopping list.

Do you have a conviction regarding chocolate? Dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white? Are you a purist, or do you like it with nuts, fruit, or other additions? Which countrys chocolate do you prefer? (Assuming you have a chocolate conviction, of course.)

No convictions.  I try and stay away from sweets because once I get started I can't stop.  Right now, I'm loving all the 70% chocolate bar options that Whole Foods carries.  Especially the organic/fair trade bars.  I like pure chocolate and sometimes other additions like orange or mint.

/cheers Why give up something so sweet? Thank God for the substitute.
Tasha
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »

Vegan food!    /TF

No.

No. 

Very, very mild...

Bon Apptit!

Merci.    /cheekkiss

I think I may need to start hanging out w/ you Tasha... see if you can curb me from my alcoholism.  /LOL

The raw chocolate cheese cake sounds delish! Is there any other raw food delicacies you feel you cannot go without? My because trump card in dealing w/ vegan food has always been that it's not an inexpensive diet to maintain. Otherwise I'd consider switching over ASAP. Does it really always cost more to eat healthier than it is to eat like a piglet???

Logan, I have enough trouble keeping myself sober, let alone anyone else...  ;)

Now, as for cost, I asked my omnivorous friends and they informed me that vegan delicacies are no more expensive than their more common alternatives.  That being said, I have had people say they like having me over for dinner because vegans are so cheap to feed!  Please keep in mind I've been a vegetarian for more than half my life, so I have no idea how much meat costs.

Last year - after Aussie crops were wiped out by natural disasters - bananas went up to $18kg / $8.20lb so I wasn't happy then, as they are a bit of a staple of my diet.  But in general, I think vegans are pretty cheap to keep - unless you plan to eat out all the time.  ;D   
Back in business - who saw that coming? - and dressed to kill (apparently...)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Galloping Gastronomique - Theme by Mustang Forums