Concierge Companion Forum - Galloping Gastronomique

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 04:18:13 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Epicurious
| | |-+  Galloping Gastronomique
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Galloping Gastronomique  (Read 12315 times)
Gianni

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »

Naturally, I have a fondness for Cuban cuisine, but I do enjoy and experiment with French and Asian techniques and dishes of note

Seitan, when it's made right, can be quite delicious, though closed-minded objectors do exist.

Cooking is one of my passions. Over time, I've learned to bake bread (though I still have a ways to go on polishing my technique. I was a vegan when I started cooking, though I have reintroduced life's other pleasures into my diet (that's not to say it'll last forever). Today I cooked slightly spicy monkfish with vegetables.

Wine's divine. Reds are preferable, but I do enjoy a good riesling on occasion.

I generally prefer golden ales when it comes to beer.

Lately, I've been seen hitting the fruity mixers more often than the whisky.

I walk the line on medium-spicy.

Dark chocolate can be quite pleasurable, depending on my mood or if it's paired with something. I don't do much milk chocolate nowadays. I love hazelnut chocolate, and have had a good berry infused bar. It doesn't matter where it's from as long as it's good, but my most memorable experience of the chocolate variety has been a bag a French purchased in Paris. Such a lovely variety. White chocolate has it's merits, but not antioxidants- purely indulgant.
Liquidfyre
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »

I hope no one minds me bumping topics.

What's your favorite cuisine? What's that thing you used to get when you lived or visited there, whereever there was, can't get here, and you wish you could? 

Favorite cuisine:  Anything that combines lime juice and chiles.  Especially if it includes fish sauce and herbs. 
What I can't get here:  When I lived in San Diego I could get crispy shredded beef tacos, they were fried.  No luck here.  And Rubio's fish tacos.  I get both when I travel to Phoenix several times a year.

Whats something you love, but others think is odd, strange, or yucky?  (Yucky= highly technical term.)

My yum (don't yuck it!): Brawn, Sulze, Headcheese, Souse

Do you cook? Whats your specialty?

I'll try cooking anything.  I have a fantastic marinara, chicken parmigiana, I make ravioli, do a mean sausage and clams.  But I'm most passionate about pickling.  I have two crocks of pickles fermenting right now and will start a batch of sauerkraut this weekend along with kimchi.

Do you drink wine? If yes, do you prefer white or red? 

I'll drink wine on occasion, usually when I travel with my boss, just so she doesn't have to drink alone.  I prefer unassuming white wines (Vinho Verde) that aren't heavy.  Of course I always get sucked in by the description of the wine (lush, fruity) and am always disappointed that it's not like drinking a big glass of fruit juice.

What about beer? Dark ale or light pilsner? 

Generally only Belgian lambics (kriek or framboise) or grapefruit beers such as Stiegl Radler.  Nothing that tastes like beer.

Aged scotch or Strawberry margarita?

Neither, though my go to is Amaretto Sour if I have to appear to be drinking.  And I'm experimenting with Lillet-based drinks this summer.  And as the song goes "Tequila makes her clothes fall off" but only straight, good tequila, sipped slowly.

Mild, medium, spicy, or "call the fired apartment!" 

Spicy, please.

Do you have a conviction regarding chocolate? Dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white? Are you a purist, or do you like it with nuts, fruit, or other additions? Which countrys chocolate do you prefer? (Assuming you have a chocolate conviction, of course.)

I'm not a fan of chocolate (the horror!).  If I'm forced to, I'll eat it or if I'm in Europe, but never white chocolate.

Make me laugh. Engage my mind. Make me want you with your words. Teach me something new.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Galloping Gastronomique - Theme by Mustang Forums