Concierge Companion Forum - I-Phone 5

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2019, 10:06:28 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  I-Phone 5
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I-Phone 5  (Read 1975 times)
James Craig
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »

Is anyone excited by Apple's latest offering in the phone world or is it "just another smartphone?"

I have an I-phone 3GS and it's probably time for an upgrade. Not that I require the latest giggy-gadgets and it serves me very well. It's just that the camera lens is scratched, the back casing's cracked and the screen resembles a windscreen/windshield crack that has spread over time. I could of course get a new front and back but then I may as well spend that on a new (newer) model.

I'm liking the functionality of the Samsung Galaxy 3 so then it becomes Android vs Apple App's.

Anyone out there have a preference?
Matilda54
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 03:46:29 PM »

I have always loved the Apple offerings and have the 4s.  I won't be upgrading this time because Apple have pissed me off.  They have changed all the charger sizes etc etc.  We have so many Apple products around our house that there is a charger in every room.  I don't want to now have to buy a different size charger if I forget mine at home and I am away.  Plus the i phone 4S is pretty neat.  If I were you James, I would upgrade though.  I think yours may have seen better days ;D
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »

Apple is selling an adaptor for the chargers; in US $30 each. Apple will be making money in many ways.

Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
"If morning's echo says we sinned,
 well, it was what I wanted now."
www.alexslogan.com
James Craig
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »

Plus the i phone 4S is pretty neat.  If I were you James, I would upgrade though.  I think yours may have seen better days ;D

I like the 4S and can't see that I need the bigger screen or that the 5 is so advanced of a model that I need the latest. It will be interesting to see how much they drop the 4S price. I'm undecided about 3G vs 4G speeds.
The adapter thing is a ruse, especially charging (pun intended) what they are for it.

But yes, my trusty 3GS is on it's last legs. The battery has pretty much gone after years of part charging and now dies on about 20% power. :(

I would be interested for any Galaxy fans to jump in with their opinion.
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »

I'm going to spring for the new iPhone, eventually.
I have a Droid, and I like it. But, I have a iPad and all of my apps work on the iPhone. Plus, my iPod is dying. So, there it it.
Madison
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »

This will make you all laugh!!! Just a few days ago I upgraded to a 4s......I think that two days later the 5 came out!!!! That's my life  /&
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:07:22 PM »

Looks like we'll end up with 2 of 'em
Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
www.alexslogan.com
James Craig
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 05:41:41 AM »

This will make you all laugh!!! Just a few days ago I upgraded to a 4s......I think that two days later the 5 came out!!!! That's my life  /&

I don't see a huge mistake there. I was looking at both and probably slightly favor the 4S.
The 5 is a little lighter, with slightly "longer" screen and a little thinner but unsure that the other changes are that dramatic. The change of charger pin will piss off many, especially as the adapter appears to be costly.

Apple's website compare side by side the 5, the 4S, and 4 for those who want to know the difference.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/
tallad
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 12:01:12 AM »

well I never had an i phone but recently got the samsung galaxy s3 and i really love it.

The kids laugh at me as I can hardly work any of the features and have almost no apps but I think its great! :) :)
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »

Quote from: tallad
The kids laugh at me as I can hardly work any of the features and have almost no apps but I think its great!
Sound like you and Mr. Craig have something in common /LOL
www.alexslogan.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, I-Phone 5 - Theme by Mustang Forums