Concierge Companion Forum - What's for dinner?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2020, 05:38:58 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Epicurious
| | |-+  What's for dinner?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What's for dinner?  (Read 6534 times)
Christian7s
Companions

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »

Carin,

I would love to share my chicken curry with you. I made two pounds of chicken and have enough for an army. Red wine would have been nice if I could have cracked open the cork with someone else.

Your dinner is what I call that foraging which I quite often do. Sometimes little oddities combined make for a healthy little dinner. The red wine really ties everything together doesn't it? I'll add to this thread with some of my odd combos; they will make you laugh.

J.J.
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »

I'm in the mood to adventure.  I'm doing Osso buco by pressure cooker this evening.

Alex, dear, I am pairing it with 2007 Domaine du Pga Chteauneuf-du-Pape Cuve da Capo.  Thoughts?
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Christian7s
Companions

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 06:11:19 PM »

Nog,

Osso buco sounds wonderfully romantic meal especially with that nice wine to pair it with. Excellent writer, great cook,.... I can't wait to see what other talents you have.
     I just finished making seafood cioppino for the first time and I thought it came out pretty decent. No wine however, I used all of my fun calories last night lol

J.J.

Ceddy4414
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 07:06:25 PM »

Christian -- Foraging!!! perfect word.  Hungry.  Open fridge.  What's edible and healthy?  Eat.  I love a beautifully prepared meal as much as anyone, but sometimes it's just fuel!
Carin
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 09:37:21 PM »

,.... I can't wait to see what other talents you have.
J.J.

J.J. -  You make me smile.  
Yes, some would say my talents are diversified. I believe it is my skills that bring pleasure to others. /rolleye2

Bye and bye, the osso buco was delicious! I wonder if I could request a pressure cooker in my next condo rental?  Anyone know?
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 10:53:23 PM »

If your next condo rental is near me, I'll lend you my pressure cooker  /cheerleader
Iris.Blooms
Ladies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 10:50:24 PM »

I'm in the mood to adventure.  I'm doing Osso buco by pressure cooker this evening.

Alex, dear, I am pairing it with 2007 Domaine du Pga Chteauneuf-du-Pape Cuve da Capo.  Thoughts?

I'm coming to your place for dinner!

Jade, I had a simple "salad" of roasted corn, black beans, edamame, quinoa, and avocado with a little salsa. Lightly seasoned with cumin and lime juice.

Simple, light, healthy, delicious.

#stealthisrecipe

Delightfully yours,

Iris Blooms
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »

I'm in the mood to adventure.  I'm doing Osso buco by pressure cooker this evening.

Alex, dear, I am pairing it with 2007 Domaine du Pga Chteauneuf-du-Pape Cuve da Capo.  Thoughts?

I'm coming to your place for dinner!

Jade, I had a simple "salad" of roasted corn, black beans, edamame, quinoa, and avocado with a little salsa. Lightly seasoned with cumin and lime juice.

Simple, light, healthy, delicious.

#stealthisrecipe
Sure Iris.Blooms. My door is open for any CdM lady who wants to visit.  :) Visiting for my wine cellar or my cooking skills? Give me a little heads up I will give the nickel tour of the Bay Area at the same time.  I give a great one day tour where you will see what is truly worth seeing. 

Artichokes and asparagus have just come in season. Showing up at our Farmer's Market.
Pressure cooking an artichoke is the only way to go. /thumbsup
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:29:57 PM by NoGNoG » Logged
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »

Pressure cooking an artichoke is the only way to go. /thumbsup

I concur
Slovestravel
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 07:13:42 PM »

I had a simple "salad" of roasted corn, black beans, edamame, quinoa, and avocado with a little salsa. Lightly seasoned with cumin and lime juice.

My mouth is watering reading this.

My dinner was corn tortillas with refried beans, mushrooms, avocado, cheese and sour cream (last two both vegan). Was delicious!
When you are everywhere, you are nowhere / When you are somewhere, you are everywhere. Rumi
Ceddy4414
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 07:36:02 PM »

Baked salmon, roasted beets, simple green salad with lemon juice and avocado oil.  Yum!
C
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 10:41:55 PM »

How far away are you?  I don't remember receiving an invitation to dinner. Sounds so good.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Ceddy4414
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »

Any time you are in Central Oregon!! 
C
Liquidfyre
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »

Bavette steak (rubbed in mexican oregano, cumin, chili powder, s/p and olive oil) with spicy green salsa (cilantro, pickled jalepeno, red wine vinegar, olive oil) and spinach, red onion, pepita and dried cherry salad with Dijon vinaigrette.  Paleo-friendly
Make me laugh. Engage my mind. Make me want you with your words. Teach me something new.
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »

Pretty basic Labor Day BBQ....chicken, corn on the cob, fruit salad with sun tea.  Temp in the 90+ F dinner after 8pm.😅
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, What's for dinner? - Theme by Mustang Forums