Concierge Companion Forum - Oscar 2016

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 04:17:50 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Art and Entertainment
| | |-+  Oscar 2016
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Oscar 2016  (Read 1083 times)
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2016, 03:13:23 PM »

A lot of viewers said the Oscars were boring.  Maybe it dragged in places but Lady Gaga's high note in Till It Happens to You sent chills up my spine and tears to my eyes.  Personally, as an advocate for social justice this was the best Oscar to come along in a very long time.  I remember Marlon Brando"'s The Godfather win - https://youtu.be/2QUacU0I4yU
Personal perspective; This years Oscars was more in line to their roots then one would think.

Rock's Most memorable lines for me -
No black nominees. People are like, Chris you should boycott, Chris you should quit. How come its only unemployed people that tell you to quit something? I thought about quitting. I thought about it really hard. But I realized theyre gonna have the Oscars anyway. Theyre not gonna cancel the Oscars because I quit. And the last thing I need is to to lose another job to Kevin Hart, okay?  

Everybody went mad [this year] Jada [Pinkett Smith] got mad. Jada said shes not coming. Isnt she on a TV show? Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihannas panties. I wasnt invited.

This is the one line that summed up what ALL American's want...
Its not about boycotting anything, we want opportunity."

NoGNoG
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Oscar 2016 - Theme by Mustang Forums