Concierge Companion Forum - Hi there!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2020, 08:31:30 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  Welcome to the Companion Forum
| |-+  Introductions
| | |-+  Hi there!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 7928 times)
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 03:57:07 PM »

Thank you for answering MJ - No, they weren't rhetorical. Will you please elaborate?
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 04:44:16 PM »

MarcJoseph:Ok, so you like live chickens. Have you ever tried to catch one with your hands? If so, you probably have learned to appreciate a dead one.

In many years of keeping heritage breed chickens as a hobby, I've found it's much easier to simply tame baby chicks. As adults, they come running for treats. I even had a rooster who learned tricks. I'm not a vegetarian, but I have respect for the animals that provide us food, and for humans who are kind to animals. 
Kat O'9Tales
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 06:03:43 PM »

Babies are sweet, and baby chicks are especially so, all that fuzziness is serious cuteness overload. 
chickenlover
Sweet n Salty
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 07:38:56 PM »

Your avatar pic is really cute.  :)

Thank you, Maxime!  :)
Maxime Durocher
CdM Featured Companion

Maxime Durocher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 09:35:54 PM »

Your avatar pic is really cute.  :)

Thank you, Maxime!  :)

My pleasure.
It's kind of simple, neat and touching.  :)
Visit my website: MaximeDurocher.com

Favorite expressions in English: "Shit happens", "Whatever" and "Deal with it".
Anthony Asanti
Anthony Asanti
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »

I'm a vegetarian. 

-Jade

Every vegetarian that I've ever met, who made the choice to become one, had an interesting story as to what led them on that path. If it's not too personal please share with us what started you on the path of vegetarianism?

;D
Life is so much sweeter when lived with passion, boldness and on your own terms.

Anthony Asanti
http://www.anthonyasanti.com
chickenlover
Sweet n Salty
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 11:49:29 AM »

I'm a vegetarian. 

-Jade

Every vegetarian that I've ever met, who made the choice to become one, had an interesting story as to what led them on that path. If it's not too personal please share with us what started you on the path of vegetarianism?

;D

Anthony,

It isn't too personal, and thanks for asking  :)

I stopped eating meat when I was 11 because my older sister was a vegetarian, and I figured she knew everything (HA).  Over the years, as I read more about the industry and how animals are treated, I became pretty passionate about animal rights and formed my own opinions.  Now, let me be clear.  I am not the kind of vegetarian that judges others for eating meat, and I don't have a problem with it if the animals are treated humanely and not pumped full of hormones.  I have even tried bites here and there out of curiosity, but it just doesn't sit well with me.  It literally makes me sick because my body isn't accustomed to it.  I'm also just a huge animal lover, so I always feel guilty afterward.  I figure if it makes me feel bad physically and emotionally, then why change my ways?  I eat super healthy and find my protein and other nutrients from alternative delicious sources, so I feel pretty confident in saying that I'm a veggie for life.

Hope that didn't bore you to tears!  I appreciate your curiosity  ;D

-Jade
Anthony Asanti
Anthony Asanti
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »

Another uniquely interesting story. There's definitely many health benefits of vegetarianism. I've even heard some anthropologist using evolutionary theory to hypothesize that the human digestive system and teeth are no longer, if ever, "designed" to process meat. It may be a stretch but I remember them making some good points at the time.

And not boring at all.

Thanks for sharing it.

;D
Life is so much sweeter when lived with passion, boldness and on your own terms.

Anthony Asanti
http://www.anthonyasanti.com
Maxime Durocher
CdM Featured Companion

Maxime Durocher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 05:32:06 PM »

I feel pretty confident in saying that I'm a veggie for life.

If you've been a vegetarian since you were 11, then I'd say that's for sure.  :)

Anthony, if you'll permit me, I'll correct some of your assumptions.

There's definitely many health benefits of vegetarianism.

There's no health benefits to not eating meat. However, there are ecological and ideological benefits from being vegetarian. It really depend on your own metabolism. Some vegetarian have health issues while other do not, and yet others thrive from being so. Same is true for those eating meat. However, most health issues in our modern society are mainly due to a bad diet.

I've even heard some anthropologist using evolutionary theory to hypothesize that the human digestive system and teeth are no longer, if ever, "designed" to process meat.

We are not carnivorous, we are omnivorous. Our system, including the digestive tract and teeth, are designed to eat just about anything, as the "omni" term infers, including meat and vegetables. Dogs are also omnivorous. Cats are carnivorous, which sometimes people don't realize.

In our human system, some things are better digested than other. Cooked meat and fruits are the easiest ones to be digested. Once we discovered fire and started cooking our meat, the evolution of our brain started accelerating (as evolution speed goes, of course, it was still very slow in term of human lifespan) because cooked meat is, as far as our metabolism is concerned, pre-digested which meant that we had access to more energy which is required by larger brains.

Another thing we are not is herbivores. We lack the necessary symbiotic bacterias in our digestive system, which are usually situated in a secondary pocket of the stomach as with the cows, to be able to process cellulose. Cellulose is a kind of sugar that is found in the cell membrane of plants. What happens for us human is that we crush those cells with our teeth, take everything we can, but can never digest one of main component which give a lot more energy to herbivores: cellulose. Have you ever seen a grain of corn go completely undigested? Ever wondered why? It wasn't masticated, and because of the cellulose it couldn't be attacked by our digestive system even by our stomach which is equipped with gastric acid reaching a pH of 2 which is really corrosive. Cellulose is like that.

That doesn't change the fact that we can chose to be vegetarian, but for some, it can be difficult to do so.

Alright, enough of this science crap.

MarcJoseph
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »

9Tales,

Yes, of course, I will elaborate. NO, I was not trying to disrupt complacency or challenge the status quo. I didn't know "chickenlover" was a vegetarian and I assumed my experience and perspective was relatable. I really wasn't trying to be insensitive or imply that I think it's funny to joke about dead animals. MAYBE I was creating a stigmatization from which to recover. I didn't know if I was or not since I didn't exactly know how "chickenlover" loved chickens. I took the risk and don't quite know if I have to recover or not. NO, I'm not a psychopath. On the other hand, do psychopaths ever believe and admit they are such?

Quinn,

I didn't know baby chicks could be trained. Thanks for the wisdom (you know what they say, though, "never wisen a chump"  ??? ). I do love animals. I have never hunted anything and I even hate it when I'm fishing and the hook gets stuck inside the fish. As a matter of fact, I experience mild discomfort when I'm hooking a worm for bait. Even though I love meat, I hate the slaughter.

Max,

Science is good. I can always appreciate educated statements. The real challenge would be posting your statement as a math equation.  :o

Chickenlover,

I love chicken salads.
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »

All I can say is, Wow Max.

and thank you for clarifying Marc.

I am in awe of those who are vegetarians, Jade.
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Vincent Braddley
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »

Welcome Jade, i was hibernating,  sorry !   /cheers
Maxime Durocher
CdM Featured Companion

Maxime Durocher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »

All I can say is, Wow Max.

Well, I went on and on and on...

Iris.Blooms
Ladies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:38 PM »

Wow Max. LOL. Thank you for the lesson. I'm sure that there is much going on in that head of yours.

To Jade, the chickenlover, welcome. I hope that you are your girlfriend are successful in finding the right companion (or, companions, why be stingy?).

No matter what, this forum will provide hours of endless entertainment.  Glad you joined in! /heart
Delightfully yours,

Iris Blooms
Maxime Durocher
CdM Featured Companion

Maxime Durocher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2015, 10:04:07 AM »

Wow Max. LOL. Thank you for the lesson. I'm sure that there is much going on in that head of yours.

Hehehe
There is, unfortunately, a lot going on... all the time... That's why I climb and do yoga.  :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Hi there! - Theme by Mustang Forums