Concierge Companion Forum - Currently Reading...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2019, 07:49:24 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Art and Entertainment
| | |-+  Currently Reading...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Currently Reading...  (Read 7416 times)
Smith Curren
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »

Zeus Grants Stupid Wishes: A No-Bullshit Guide to World Mythology

Kai
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 10:56:24 AM »

Finally got around to picking up The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. It's not my usual cup of tea as I'm more of a Sci-fi/Fantasy person, but it's keeping my attention and I'm enjoying it so far.
Mā te rongo, ka mōhio; Mā te mōhio, ka mārama; Mā te mārama, ka mātau; Mā te mātau, ka ora.

Through resonance comes cognisance; through cognisance comes understanding; through understanding comes knowledge; through knowledge comes life and well-being.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »

That's a good one. I was reminded of it, recently, when I read Buzzfeed's "53 Books You Won't Be Able to Put Down (http://www.buzzfeed.com/lincolnthompson/53-books-you-wont-be-able-to-put-down?utm_term=.tuaXgrVdjD#.owJ6XzoQd)

SSDGM
Kai
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 06:44:03 PM »

I enjoyed the link and there are so many books to read...there's so few hours to do it in. Beautiful.
Mā te rongo, ka mōhio; Mā te mōhio, ka mārama; Mā te mārama, ka mātau; Mā te mātau, ka ora.

Through resonance comes cognisance; through cognisance comes understanding; through understanding comes knowledge; through knowledge comes life and well-being.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 08:37:44 PM »

No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy.  I don't know why I'm so surprised that I found the book to be better than the movie.  I will say that the filmmakers did a very good job with the adaptation.

Favorite quote: "It's not about knowin' where you are. It's about thinkin' you got there without takin' anything with you."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:46:18 PM by Tealight » Logged
SSDGM
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 01:55:02 PM »

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and it's breaking my heart...
SSDGM
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 09:23:19 PM »

Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident by Donnie Eichar

When I first heard about this incident, I found it terrifying.  The author provides an excellent description on the events leading up to the incident, as well as the investigation immediately thereafter.  He is also able to debunk some common theories and provide a somewhat plausible alternative explanation based on science, rather than the paranormal.  That being said, I was left wanting a little more when the book ended.  Not more of an explanation...perhaps more of a denouement?  Or, maybe I read it too fast?
SSDGM
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »

That sounds like an interesting read, Tea. Very suitable for Halloween week. I don't like to be scared, though, so I probably won't read it.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2016, 08:51:32 PM »

It actually wasn't that scary!  The idea of what happened is terrifying but the presentation of the facts in the book is more "just the facts" then anything.
SSDGM
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 03:25:15 PM »

You two are such teases...  I can't get to everything.  I would enjoy a book club that gives book reports on different books not necessarily everyone reading the same novel.

My life is so scattered right now and it seems my stack of books is reflecting it as well.  /LOL
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 08:01:52 AM »

NoG: "I would enjoy a book club that gives book reports on different books not necessarily everyone reading the same novel. "

Well, we could do that without even calling it a club. We could post such book reports here, perhaps more like a synopsis, giving away the ending of novels, or a summary of nonfiction. What do you think?
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »

That's a good one. I was reminded of it, recently, when I read Buzzfeed's "53 Books You Won't Be Able to Put Down (http://www.buzzfeed.com/lincolnthompson/53-books-you-wont-be-able-to-put-down?utm_term=.tuaXgrVdjD#.owJ6XzoQd)

I'm going to the play sometime in 2017. I don't know if I should read the story or not?

Opinions would be appreciated.
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2016, 06:48:22 PM »

NoG: "I would enjoy a book club that gives book reports on different books not necessarily everyone reading the same novel. "

Well, we could do that without even calling it a club. We could post such book reports here, perhaps more like a synopsis, giving away the ending of novels, or a summary of nonfiction. What do you think?

Quinn - I would enjoy that immensely.
Currently I am reading a book named "Sway" https://www.amazon.com/Sway-Irresistible-Pull-Irrational-Behavior/dp/0385530609
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2016, 11:33:25 PM »

My response to that question will always be, "yes!" ;)
SSDGM
LostInWilderness

Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »

Some obscure economics book about history of corporations and managements.
The probable impossibility is superior to the improbable possibility.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Currently Reading... - Theme by Mustang Forums