Concierge Companion Forum - Luck ...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2020, 09:23:34 AM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  Welcome to the Companion Forum
| |-+  Introductions
| | |-+  Luck ...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Luck ...  (Read 2257 times)
Vincent Braddley
Companions

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:40:31 AM »

I flew from Barcelona to Germany last week with a german airline. After the crash, i received a few mails from people knowing about my trip but confused with the dates. Luck is really a big factor in life. It's hard not to think about those unfortunates who lost their life and i can't stop thinking that maybe i was at a party with some of them in Barcelona.

:(

NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:11:14 AM »

Vincent - Thank you for sharing you are safe, Love.  /makeout

Upon hearing this morning the co-pilot deliberately flew into the ground has made me feel sadder for all involved, on the plane who hopefully are in a better place and those left on the ground. :(
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Pennylover
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »

I'm so glad you are safe, Vincent.  I'm so sorry for all those who lost loved ones on that flight.  I can't begin to imagine how that feels, particularly knowing that the crash may have been intentional.  I'm so happy we didn't lose you.

Ari
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 03:58:00 PM »

Ari: I'm so glad you are safe, Vincent.

+1

It can be haunting to think about luck as  a factor in our lives. A decision to turn on a certain street, walk a certain route, take a certain flight, can have life-changing (for good or bad) or life-ending effects.
Pete
Companions

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 08:09:38 PM »

When I read this kind of things, I always drop all the works at hand and meditate ( I was on UA 852 from Tokyo to SF on Sept. 11, 2001 when the attack happened). This kind of tragedy can happen to any of us at anytime. I can't imagine what was in the 150 passengers' minds when they are realising they are approaching the end of life in the next moment! But one thing I'm pretty sure is any problem they are facing in their daily lives becomes meaningless at that moment.

My problem is meaningless at least for now.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 08:11:17 PM »

I'm glad your safe, Vincent.  Sigh...it's just so sad...
SSDGM
GreggAllen
Your Northwest Companion
Companions

GreggAllen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 11:23:35 AM »

I am pretty sure the existence of "luck" or "fate" or whatever you believe is in the fabric of all of our lives. I don't feel this thread is appropriate to tell my particular story, but I have often thought about a famous accident or the near miss of a relative that allowed me to live the blessed life that I have lived.

For me to end up in this country (US) and in particular the northwest part of said country is luck or the great divine! I know so many people that try to find a way to this region of the world and can't for so many reasons. I have been blessed.

Regardless, my heart went out and then became full of anger to find out that someone did this on purpose because he himself was not doing well. This world should be filled with happiness and there is too much hate and filth that makes it to the surface and impacts those that are shuffling along in their merry way.

GA

To be true to ourselves, we must OWN what we believe.  Only then will our actions have the most potential.

GreggAllen
Northwest United States of America
www.nwcompanion.com
Vincent Braddley
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 10:07:26 AM »

Thank you ladies for the kind words and caring about my safety.  /cheekkiss

I can't believe that the airlines ( except in the US ) are allowing only one person in the cockpit ! for so many reasons it should not be the case. Just common sense ! unless they can give us good reasons for this policy.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Luck ... - Theme by Mustang Forums