Concierge Companion Forum - Favorite Words - what are yours?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 01:32:14 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Fun with Friends
| | |-+  Listmania!
| | | |-+  Favorite Words - what are yours?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favorite Words - what are yours?  (Read 1019 times)
Liquidfyre
Ladies

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2015, 05:43:30 AM »

What are your favorite words?

Czechoslovakia - this was my favorite word when I was 12. I thought then, and still think, it is a beautiful jumble of consonants with just enough vowels to make it interesting. I love the way it feels in the mouth.

Gloaming - one of my current favorite words. I love the sound and meaning.

Mundane - i love for the alternate meaning of non-magical. I like the notion that life is supposed to be full of magic, whimsy, delight.
Make me laugh. Engage my mind. Make me want you with your words. Teach me something new.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:23:02 AM »

Pomplemousse, because it's fun to say.

I also once met someone whose last name was Papanicolopolous...and it was glorious!
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men..." -- Willy Wonka
Kai
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:12:36 AM »

Luscious. It rolls off the tongue and it's such a rich word. Sensual, for the same reason. Also a fan of the words avow, crush and kisses.
Mā te rongo, ka mōhio; Mā te mōhio, ka mārama; Mā te mārama, ka mātau; Mā te mātau, ka ora.

Through resonance comes cognisance; through cognisance comes understanding; through understanding comes knowledge; through knowledge comes life and well-being.
Liquidfyre
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:19 AM »

Tealight, that is a wonderful last name. I'm sitting here saying it over and over.  
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:21:59 AM by Liquidfyre » Logged
Make me laugh. Engage my mind. Make me want you with your words. Teach me something new.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:33:21 AM »

Tealight, that is a wonderful last name. I'm sitting here saying it over and over.  

I sometimes do that, too! Still!  ;)
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men..." -- Willy Wonka
Pete
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »

Czechoslovakia triggers me to think abou my once to be favorite word, Yugoslavia. I like it not only because of its sound and tongue rolling, but also because of this nation and its people, the tough, brave and tenacitious spirit expressed during various tough times. I just visited Slovenia, one of its former republics.

Unfortunately, both Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia have broken up as a country.
Aenflex
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 03:00:35 PM »

Rambunctious!!! /clap /cheerleader
Welcome to the world of intense  sexual  appetite 😈💋
Anthony Asanti
Anthony Asanti
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »

Lovely
Life is so much sweeter when lived with passion, boldness and on your own terms.

Anthony Asanti
http://www.anthonyasanti.com
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »

Acknowledge is one that no one misunderstands or doesn't hear.

Plus Clarify has become not necessarily a 'favorite' word.  A word to assist in communication and means a big deal to me.  I am able to use it more often these days and the familiarity in usage is a warm fuzzy. It has been a long time to find the right person to which to use it with.  /heart 
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Favorite Words - what are yours? - Theme by Mustang Forums