Concierge Companion Forum - Sex Education:Abstinence

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 03:53:57 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  News, Current Events, and World Affairs
| | |-+  Sex Education:Abstinence
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sex Education:Abstinence  (Read 2101 times)
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2015, 08:07:42 AM »

Read this interesting article on abstinence only sex education. Much of what they are telling kids is awful and blatantly false.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/08/19/1413445/--Sex-is-like-pre-chewed-chewing-gum-Is-that-what-you-want-to-present-to-your-husband?detail=emailclassic
JCM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »

On the note of chewing gum, I've often pondered the sex life of two virgins after their wedding. It could be the worst sex ever, but if neither of 'em knows any better, does it matter?
Joshua "Chivalry" Michaels
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »

I find abstinence a silly notion.  Do these parents not remember how they were as young adults?

I was very honest my nieces and nephews.  I even angered my siblings. But hey, sharing my reality had 11 out of 13 waiting.  "Sex equals a huge personal responsibility.  Once you go the route of having sex, it distracts from all other things more important. Like finishing high school." Then I took them to the Community Health Department  Clinic or Planned Parenthood to get bc pills or condoms. Plus, guess what, all the information pamphlets for SDT and AIDS were on the wall and on tables.    

This article makes me very disappointed these people and so called "educators" are not truly educating.  They are sending their own children out ignorant of the unfortunate inherent danger to their own lives in participating in sexual relations.

To JCM, I thought the same thing.  :-\  How would it be?  Bloody awful I would say.  It took the poor guy who helped me loose my virginity weeks to get me to try again and we weren't even married.  Hahaha

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:56:45 PM by NoGNoG » Logged
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Vincent Braddley
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 02:19:38 AM »

I find abstinence a silly notion.  Do these parents not remember how they were as young adults?

I was very honest my nieces and nephews.  I even angered my siblings. But hey, sharing my reality had 11 out of 13 waiting.  "Sex equals a huge personal responsibility.  Once you go the route of having sex, it distracts from all other things more important. Like finishing high school." Then I took them to the Community Health Department  Clinic or Planned Parenthood to get bc pills or condoms. Plus, guess what, all the information pamphlets for SDT and AIDS were on the wall and on tables.    

This article makes me very disappointed these people and so called "educators" are not truly educating.  They are sending their own children out ignorant of the unfortunate inherent danger to their own lives in participating in sexual relations.

To JCM, I thought the same thing.  :-\  How would it be?  Bloody awful I would say.  It took the poor guy who helped me loose my virginity weeks to get me to try again and we weren't even married.  Hahaha

+1     Same old same old :) 
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »

It's always shocking to realize that one's own upbringing was actually pretty progressive.  Not only did we receive the sex-ed talk three times (once in elementary school, once in middle school, and once in high school), we also had a peer group who were trained to give educational classroom talks dispelling the myths of condom use and STIs (e.g. don't double up or the condom will break, you can't contract HIV by kissing, etc.).

Ok, I'll be honest - I probably could have done without knowing that my biology teacher's first wet dream was about anal sex with a stranger, but I do understand that he was trying to help us be comfortable with the topic of sex. 
SSDGM
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Sex Education:Abstinence - Theme by Mustang Forums