Concierge Companion Forum - Meant to Be Singel?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 02:46:19 AM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Meant to Be Singel?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Meant to Be Singel?  (Read 2803 times)
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »

I found this very interesting article. Using these signs, I'm meant to be single. Anybody else?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/signs-youre-meant-single.html/?ref=YF&yptr=yahoo
Slovestravel
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »

I saw a lot of myself in that article, Quinn. Odd as I have spent a lot of my life in relationships.
When you are everywhere, you are nowhere / When you are somewhere, you are everywhere. Rumi
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »

That is odd, S. If those relationships haven't worked out, maybe that has something to do with.

By the way, just noticed my typo above - feel like an idiot!

Thanks for replying S. I keep hoping something will liven up this place.
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »

First of all..
Quinn - No reason to feel like an idiot!  I've done the same somewhere in here.

Second - I find it lively.  It would be livelier if we could get our notifications back.  That is what I truly miss.  It is what kept me more engaged not necessarily lively.  ;D

Last - I read the article.  I don't mind conflict. I married the nicest man I know who loves me dearly.  He, also, allows me to be me on days that suit him.   /LOL   It has been hard work keeping in this marriage.
I probably could have lived alone for I have all of the others on the list.  I do know I can live alone if I needed to.

I enjoy the intimacy gained by sharing my life and likes with another person.  I am not a person looking back on could a or should a. This is the life I chose and it is pretty damn good.

Should I be alone? Isn't that the question?  I feel it is too late for me and this decision. 

"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:44:30 PM »

Thank you for sharing NoG. It sounds like you have made some compromises, and we all do that sometimes. But, if overall, you are satisfied, that's what counts.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »

No worries on the typo, Quinn :)

I identified with 4 of the 7 signs but I'll be honest about in saying that I don't know if I'm single because I want to be single or because I've been single for so long that I have unconsciously "turned off" the option of being in a relationship. It's not that I don't want a partner, I'm just not proactive about seeking one. Yes, I'm ok with being single, but I'm not sure that really makes me, "single at heart."  Also, I wouldn't say that personal mastery or high self-sufficency are exclusive to singles.
SSDGM
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 06:59:47 PM »

No worries on the typo, Quinn :)

Also, I wouldn't say that personal mastery or high self-sufficency are exclusive to singles.

I would agree that they aren't exclusive to singles, but I think they are essential to someone who is "Meant to be single."
John Oh
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 07:26:14 PM »

I found this very interesting article. Using these signs, I'm meant to be single. Anybody else?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/signs-youre-meant-single.html/?ref=YF&yptr=yahoo

Fifteen months ago my partner at the time ended our fifteen year relationship.  It was not a happy experience.  In the time since though I have come to realise just how much of myself - of my true nature - I had ended up repressing to allow the relationship to continue to function.

Right now I am single and very happy with my life.  I am doing things and thinking things and feeling things that I haven't for many years.

Do I think that I am meant to be single?  Not really, based on the points of the article, but for now I feel that being single and not compromising myself is the best way for me to be living.

That may change one day - and I do feel that I miss the companionship of a relationship - but for now, I am going to continue the process of rediscovering the aspects of myself that have been lost.
Tealight
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 08:46:39 PM »

I would agree that they aren't exclusive to singles, but I think they are essential to someone who is "Meant to be single."

Very true!

Fifteen months ago my partner at the time ended our fifteen year relationship.  It was not a happy experience.   

I am very sorry to hear that.

I have come to realise just how much of myself - of my true nature - I had ended up repressing to allow the relationship to continue to function..

I have heard something similar, several times recently, in relation to people being able to keep parts of themselves while in a relationship.  For example, in a recent conversation with friend A and friend B, A was excitedly telling us about an activity he was going to participate in during the upcoming weekend. When he left the conversation, B turned to me and shared that she was glad A was able to keep that activity after he got married and that his wife hadn't made him stop.  I thought it was because of the type of activity (hunting) but B said, no, she just knows too many relationships where one person ends up forfeiting him or herself and ends up taking on the hobbies, friends, etc. of their partner. 
SSDGM
John Oh
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 10:43:04 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that.

Thank you.  It's sad to lose a relationship, especially when so much of your life has gone into it, but sometimes it's just the right thing to do.

I have heard something similar, several times recently, in relation to people being able to keep parts of themselves while in a relationship.  For example, in a recent conversation with friend A and friend B, A was excitedly telling us about an activity he was going to participate in during the upcoming weekend. When he left the conversation, B turned to me and shared that she was glad A was able to keep that activity after he got married and that his wife hadn't made him stop.  I thought it was because of the type of activity (hunting) but B said, no, she just knows too many relationships where one person ends up forfeiting him or herself and ends up taking on the hobbies, friends, etc. of their partner.

That is a good example of how you need to do it.  I am not blaming my partner over this mind you.  I'm an adult and I chose.  I did what I thought was right for me and for the relationship.  Turns out that I was wrong.  Live and learn.
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »

Hi John. It's good to see you back. I always enjoy your thoughtful and honest posts. I am sorry, too, to hear about your relationship. Even when it's not right, it can be sad to have it end. I'm glad that you are finding the lost parts of yourself.

I think that even those of us who are meant to be single would give that up to be in a relationship where both partners respect and honor the other's true self. It doesn't happen very often.
John Oh
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 07:21:06 PM »

Thank you Quinn :-)
It's been a busy and difficult few years really.  And it left precious little time for CdM.  I am hoping to be able to participate more going forward.  It's always been a fun and positive community.

As for finding someone who can really "gets" you and is prepared to let you be that.  That is a rare thing indeed and worth holding onto.
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 08:55:22 PM »

I have been single and not, both for rather long times. In this snapshot of time the article does match a lot of things.
Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
"If morning's echo says we sinned,
 well, it was what I wanted now."
www.alexslogan.com
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »

I have been single and not, both for rather long times. In this snapshot of time the article does match a lot of things.

I think it's very true that this is something that can change through time.
Pete
Companions

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »

I have been single so far. Self sufficient and not being tied down ( enjoy freedom) are the key reasons, which relate well to this article.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Meant to Be Singel? - Theme by Mustang Forums