Concierge Companion Forum - Police and Sexual Contact with Sex Workers

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 11:18:45 AM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  News, Current Events, and World Affairs
| | |-+  Police and Sexual Contact with Sex Workers
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Police and Sexual Contact with Sex Workers  (Read 149 times)
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:19:09 PM »

I just read this article, and was shocked. I never knew it was legal for police to do these things.

https://www.glamour.com/story/alaska-cops-defend-sexual-contact-sex-workers-arrests?mbid=nl_071017_Monthly_glamourgram&CNDID=36461398&spMailingID=11443267&spUserID=MTMyNTE4MzIwNDM0S0&spJobID=1200867389&spReportId=MTIwMDg2NzM4OQS2

This is just wrong. If they can do this and then charge the women with prostitution, then the police should also be charged.
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »

Hey Quinn,

What cops can and cannot do varies widely by locality laws as well as how much leeway judges are willing to give them. A lot of it
does indeed border on entrapment.
Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
"If morning's echo says we sinned,
 well, it was what I wanted now."
www.alexslogan.com
Quinn
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »

I agree, Alex. Some of the women say it also should be a form of rape. There is no way they would agree to have sex if they knew the man's true identity. They agree to it on condition of being paid, but they don't receive any money. I agree with them that this should simply be illegal.

It seems entrapment varies, depending on the crime. Cops can't wait in the parking lot of a bar, and wait for the inebriated to drive away, but they can trick women into having sex with them, then arrest them. These cops DID solicit prostitution, and if they're going to do that, they should be charged, as well.
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 12:21:46 PM »

Well, cops can create roadblocks right outside of popular watering zones, especially over long weekends; courts have basically
ruled that those have are of significant public interest. But catching a hooker doesn't really make that cut.
Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
"If morning's echo says we sinned,
 well, it was what I wanted now."
www.alexslogan.com
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »

Plus, with the current AG opening asset forfeiture so broadly, when some of us are actively working to get rid of it, is another hammer against sex workers.  AND we within CDM have to be cognizant how we all are at risk with this policy.
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Police and Sexual Contact with Sex Workers - Theme by Mustang Forums