Concierge Companion Forum - Africa's best spots

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 04:11:49 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Travel and Leisure
| | |-+  Africa's best spots
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Africa's best spots  (Read 2554 times)
stormastor
VIP Male Companion
CdM Featured Companion

Storm Astor

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:49:59 AM »

Thought I would ad a few places on here for when any off you get too visit my country of Birth.  I have been too all of them and would highly recommend all off them  /thumbsup

I Listed my Favorite 2 first and will one day go and enjoy the luxuries in life once more...

http://www.ulusaba.virgin.com/

Sir Richard Branson's Private Game Reserve is set in the heart of the Sabi Sand reserve on the border of the Kruger National Park in South Africa.

Most of our staff hail from the surrounding villages therefore guests benefit from authentic South African hospitality. We promote from within where we can, and support the local community through our charitable project, Pride 'n Purpose. The Ulusaba family of 119 individuals includes some of the finest and most qualified rangers and trackers in the reserve, who guarantee the experience of a lifetime on game drive. We delight in going the extra mile for all our guests!

http://www.12apostleshotel.com/

The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa stands at the edge of the world. On one side, a line of majestic mountains The Twelve Apostles reaches towards the heavens; on the other, the sun sets on breeching whales, playful dolphins, and crashing Atlantic rollers. And all around, you can walk the wilderness trails of the Table Mountain National Park. We'll even pack you a picnic.

And yet this luxury 5-star boutique hotel is just a few minutes from worldly, cosmopolitan Cape Town. City-centre theatres and art galleries, plus the shops and restaurants of the vibrant Victoria & Alfred Waterfront are only 15 minutes away via our complimentary car transfer service quicker still if you use our helipad.

http://cloudsestate.co.za/index.php

With one of the most celebrated views in the Cape, Clouds Estate is an undiscovered gem in the heart of the Stellenbosch / Franschhoek Winelands. This unique boutique vineyard & guest estate is situated next to Delaire Graff Estate at the crest of the Helshoogte Pass, overlooking the beautiful Banhoek Valley, with the majestic Drakenstein & Simonsberg mountains taking pride of place in the foreground.

http://hawksmoor.co.za/Framework/index.asp?PageName=House

Hawksmoor House is a Cape Dutch country retreat located on a 220- hectare wine farm, Matjieskuil, near Stellenbosch in the Cape Winelands. Meticulously restored and beautifully decorated with exquisite antiques, it occupies a stunning location amidst vineyards overlooking Table Mountain, and enjoys spectacular sunsets.

A 25 minute drive away from the buzzing Cape Town centre, the estate is quiet and serene. In addition to our guests, the farm is home to horses, cows, porcupines, hawks, pelicans and countless other wildlife. Our resident German Pointers Cosmo, Max & little Alice keep a watchful eye on the daily workings of the farm.

http://www.londolozi.com/

The website speaks for it self wow what a place to be, and be part of Nature

http://www.idube.com/

Idube Game Reserve is a safari lodge situated in the Sabi Sand Reserve, in the heart of South Africas premier wildlife conservation area of the Greater Kruger Park. Game, including the Big 5, is viewed really close by from open Landrovers, or spotted on guided walks.

/clap2  /clap  /clap2  /clap
Holly
Ladies

Hostess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »

They all sound and look lovely!

I have spent quite a bit of time in Africa, but never went to S. Africa yet. I have been in Kenya (twice), Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Madagascar, and Egypt (twice). My experiences were all budget, as when I was there it was during my 3 consecutive years around the world, or a couple years before when I went backpacking through for a month in Madagascar and a month in Egypt and Kenya.

I LOVED Africa, and would love to return someday to spend about 3 months traveling overland in West Africa. I'd love to see Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana, and DR Congo, among other places. I would probably want to keep on the budget track, though, and spoil myself about twice a month with a couple nights in luxury when available.

When I have traveled abroad in luxury in a developing country, I always feel so colonial (and not in a good way). Plus, I just meet so many more people when I stay at backpackers!
James Craig
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:24:55 PM »

They all sound and look lovely!

I have spent quite a bit of time in Africa, but never went to S. Africa yet. I have been in Kenya (twice), Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Madagascar, and Egypt (twice). My experiences were all budget, as when I was there it was during my 3 consecutive years around the world, or a couple years before when I went backpacking through for a month in Madagascar and a month in Egypt and Kenya.

I LOVED Africa, and would love to return someday to spend about 3 months traveling overland in West Africa. I'd love to see Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana, and DR Congo, among other places. I would probably want to keep on the budget track, though, and spoil myself about twice a month with a couple nights in luxury when available.

When I have traveled abroad in luxury in a developing country, I always feel so colonial (and not in a good way). Plus, I just meet so many more people when I stay at backpackers!

Sounds like the wonderful Mr Astor would be the idea guide for you Holly. ;)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Africa's best spots - Theme by Mustang Forums