Concierge Companion Forum - Valentino in the Young Rajah

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2020, 08:10:29 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Art and Entertainment
| | |-+  Valentino in the Young Rajah
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Valentino in the Young Rajah  (Read 4903 times)
Megan
Ladies

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »

Today my friend Debbie posted some clips on YouTube from the unfinished Rudolph Valentino film The Young Rajah.  This man is my idol, so sexy! (and rumored to have been a ladies' companion at one time...:)  Hope you all enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmTyMzON9yE&feature=sub
Meg

I'll try anything once, twice if it feels good, three times just to make sure!

Mae West

A woman is like a tea bag.  You never know how strong she is til you put her in hot water!--Eleanor Roosevelt
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »

Today my friend Debbie posted some clips on YouTube from the unfinished Rudolph Valentino film The Young Rajah.  This man is my idol, so sexy! (and rumored to have been a ladies' companion at one time...:)  Hope you all enjoy:

Thank you, Megan for the share.  LadyLuck mentioned this too.  Did Valentino write a memoir, do you know?

"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
LadyLuck
Ladies

INACTIVE PROFILE...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »

Meg,
Thanks for the great clip! Valentino was definitely a legend, a great actor and sex symbol, gone too soon. :(

Jody,
I read this passage from Robert Greene's The Art of Seduction which mentions Valentino's background as a male companion:

"When the eighteen-year-old Rodolpho Guglielmi emigrated from Italy to the United States in 1913, he came with no particular skills apart from his good looks and his dancing prowess. To put these qualities to his advantage, he found work in the thes dansants, the Manhattan dance halls where young girls would go alone or with friends and hire a taxi dancer for a brief thrill. The taxi dancer would expertly twirl them around the dance floor, flirting and chatting, all for a small fee. Guglielmi soon made a name as one of the bestso graceful, poised, and pretty.

In working as a taxi dancer, Guglielmi spent a great deal of time around women. He quickly learned what pleased themhow to mirror them in subtle ways, how to put them at ease (but not too much). He began to pay attention to his clothes, creating his own dapper look: he danced with a corset under his shirt to give himself a trim figure, sported a wristwatch (considered effeminate in those days), and claimed to be a marquis. In 1915, he landed a job demonstrating the tango in fancy restaurants, and changed his name to the more evocative Rodolpho di Valentina. A year later he moved to Los Angeles: he wanted to try to make it in Hollywood."
Lady Luck has left the building...
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:51:05 PM »

Meg,
Thanks for the great clip! Valentino was definitely a legend, a great actor and sex symbol, gone too soon. :(

Jody,
I read this passage from Robert Greene's The Art of Seduction which mentions Valentino's background as a male companion:

"When the eighteen-year-old Rodolpho Guglielmi emigrated from Italy to the United States in 1913, he came with no particular skills apart from his good looks and his dancing prowess. To put these qualities to his advantage, he found work in the thes dansants, the Manhattan dance halls where young girls would go alone or with friends and hire a taxi dancer for a brief thrill. The taxi dancer would expertly twirl them around the dance floor, flirting and chatting, all for a small fee.

LadyLuck,
I get the most interesting information from you and all the rest of the ladies.  I have got to learn to manage my time better.
Any idea why they were called taxi dancers?  Was it because they kept getting a different partner (so called fare)?

"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
lucifer
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 12:54:36 AM »

[/quote]

LadyLuck,
I get the most interesting information from you and all the rest of the ladies.  I have got to learn to manage my time better.

[/quote]

Chaps. Pay attention time. I do believe there is an implicit criticism here...

It's a fine balance, too much attention and we're overly interested, not enough and we're uncaring beasts.

Megan
Ladies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 04:46:06 AM »

You're welcome NoGNog; I know he wrote some poetry but no comprehensive memoir that I know of.  I'm currently on a committee to help organize a Rudolph Valentino film festival, you can visit our website at http://therudolphvalentinofilmfestival.com/ and learn a lot about Rudy.

Thank you, Megan for the share.  LadyLuck mentioned this too.  Did Valentino write a memoir, do you know?

Meg

Mae West

A woman is like a tea bag.  You never know how strong she is til you put her in hot water!--Eleanor Roosevelt
Megan
Ladies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 05:06:45 AM »

You're welcome, Lady Luck, and thanks for the passage; in 1980 Rudolph Nureyev did an explicit Valentino biopic in which he recreated a Valentino tango--Ladies, can you believe they PAID Carol Kane do this scene?:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTt2RoMeNYA

Meg,

Jody,

"When the eighteen-year-old Rodolpho Guglielmi emigrated from Italy to the United States in 1913, he came with no particular skills apart from his good looks and his dancing prowess. To put these qualities to his advantage, he found work in the thes dansants, the Manhattan dance halls where young girls would go alone or with friends and hire a taxi dancer for a brief thrill. The taxi dancer would expertly twirl them around the dance floor, flirting and chatting, all for a small fee. Guglielmi soon made a name as one of the bestso graceful, poised, and pretty.

In working as a taxi dancer, Guglielmi spent a great deal of time around women. He quickly learned what pleased themhow to mirror them in subtle ways, how to put them at ease (but not too much). He began to pay attention to his clothes, creating his own dapper look: he danced with a corset under his shirt to give himself a trim figure, sported a wristwatch (considered effeminate in those days), and claimed to be a marquis. In 1915, he landed a job demonstrating the tango in fancy restaurants, and changed his name to the more evocative Rodolpho di Valentina. A year later he moved to Los Angeles: he wanted to try to make it in Hollywood."

Meg

Mae West

Megan
Ladies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 05:22:06 AM »

LadyLuck,

[/quote]

It's a fine balance, too much attention and we're overly interested, not enough and we're uncaring beasts.

[/quote]

Lucifer, I really believe that today's upscale male companions are the 'Valentinos' of our day.  You gents get it right!:)
Meg

Mae West

lucifer
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 05:30:04 AM »

I really believe that today's upscale male companions are the 'Valentinos' of our day.  You gents get it right!:)

Mmmm, hope so Megan.

Just been watching the Rudolph N You Tube clip. It looks quite an amusing movie. Anyone ever get the chance to tango? Or is it  /party all the time or  /rock ing?

xxx >:D

(I feel as if I have my own personalised smilie).
LadyLuck
Ladies

INACTIVE PROFILE...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 08:45:04 AM »

LadyLuck,
I get the most interesting information from you and all the rest of the ladies.  I have got to learn to manage my time better.
Any idea why they were called taxi dancers?  Was it because they kept getting a different partner (so called fare)?

According to Wikipedia (I wouldn't rely completely on it, but it seems valid), yes, that's why they were called "taxi dancers" because of the "fare" that was required to have a dance with them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_dancer

In L.A. this still exists today at "hostess clubs" Downtown. A long time ago I called a couple of those ads for hostess dancers, but I never got the nerve to go down there and apply. Downtown L.A. is not the greatest area to work unless you happen to be in a nice, safe high-rise during daytime hours.

In Japan they are quite popular too, with both male and female staff members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:52:14 AM by LadyLuck » Logged
LadyLuck
Ladies

INACTIVE PROFILE...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 08:49:34 AM »

Exactly.

Here's a recent example I had of a man who paid too much attention to me the other night. He lost his chance with Lady Luck, but he may be getting another. I'm not sure if I want to call him back, though. The jury is still out. http://ladyluck-thecompanionista.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-night-with-roue.html

Going out with a companion ruined me for other men. Now, I cannot go out with "regular" guys without expecting the royal treatment LOL. ;) Thank God for modern-day "Valentinos"! /clap
LadyLuck
Ladies

INACTIVE PROFILE...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »

I also meant to add to the above topic, it is a fine art getting a woman into bed. Seriously. ;) Some are masters, some are merely fingerpainting in Kindergarten class.

NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 12:13:42 PM »

LadyLuck,
I get the most interesting information from you and all the rest of the ladies.  I have got to learn to manage my time better.

In L.A. this still exists today at "hostess clubs" Downtown. A long time ago I called a couple of those ads for hostess dancers, but I never got the nerve to go down there and apply. Downtown L.A. is not the greatest area to work unless you happen to be in a nice, safe high-rise during daytime hours.

Lucifer -  I appreciate you taking the time to join in the discussion. You are very good for catching quiet nuances.

LadyLuck -  I will have to check into the "clubs" next time I'm in L.A.  I am starting to miss L.A.  I haven't been there in over two years.  I usually stick around the beach dives.  I have met interesting men staying within the confines of the beach scene.  Last time there, my friend I was visiting, looked and found me on the beach when he got off work.  He came over and sat about 5 feet from me on the sand.  He went down to the water, came back and moved about a foot closer.  I was just watching the sun set, doing breathing exercises.  At the gloaming he quietly asked if I felt rejuvenated.  I told him it was a start.  Next thing I know he is reaching for my hand and we were heading back to the bungalow.  No words, all action.  Definitely a Zen moment.

Point is, I was just visiting, I had known this man for over 15 years.  We had had no spark at any of my other visits, no sexual overtures or even talking of such between the two of us.  His futon is an invitation to me for a stop to be able to spend time at the beach.  For some reason the timing was just right that evening.  A reinforced moment of my no expectation way of living.

http://www.zenmoments.org/top-10-instant-moments-of-zen/  -  I'm for #7

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:17:49 PM by NoGNoG » Logged
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
LadyLuck
Ladies

INACTIVE PROFILE...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 02:54:49 PM »

At the gloaming he quietly asked if I felt rejuvenated.  I told him it was a start.  Next thing I know he is reaching for my hand and we were heading back to the bungalow.  No words, all action.  Definitely a Zen moment.

Point is, I was just visiting, I had known this man for over 15 years.  We had had no spark at any of my other visits, no sexual overtures or even talking of such between the two of us.  His futon is an invitation to me for a stop to be able to spend time at the beach.  For some reason the timing was just right that evening.  A reinforced moment of my no expectation way of living.

Jody,
You hit the nail right on the head. "For some reason the timing was just right that evening." Men just don't get it! (Except companions, of course.) We're not ready at the drop of a hat to put out like they are. The timing has to be "right" for us. We have to feel comfortable because we're wired differently. If only regular men weren't in such a rush to get to the sack. Slow and steady wins the race, like the old fable about the tortoise and the hare.

Again, what Lucifer said about not enough attention vs. too much attention. I was just thinking about that this afternoon. The same goes for us when it comes to "regular" men. If we don't put out the first night, we're "frigid prudes", if we do, we're "easy sluts". You can't win! :(

I read in a book that in Europe, Latin America, Australia, anywhere else in the world, if a man and woman have sex on the first date and the sex is good, they keep seeing each other, but if an American man has sex on the first date with a woman, you may never hear from him again. Why is that?!? >:(

Sorry for the rant. Carry on LOL. :)
lucifer
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »

I read in a book that in Europe, Latin America, Australia, anywhere else in the world, if a man and woman have sex on the first date and the sex is good, they keep seeing each other, but if an American man has sex on the first date with a woman, you may never hear from him again. Why is that?!? >:(

1. He may never be as lucky again... and he wants to repeat it elsewhere;
2. He may wonder why it was so easy; and what's worse,
3. He will never be able to match up to your measure of his success;
4. he didn't realsie he was lucky;
5. He didn't know (if) he was good (and she was fooled - for a moment);
6. He will wonder how to do it again;
7. There will be football of some sort somewhere in the world on satellite TV (or worse you mentioned the wrong team name at the wrong time);
8. She may build up a resistance to rohypnol;
9. There is a god and you m'dear are lucky;
10. He didn't know he had to go back, or call again;
11. He was cheating on his boyfriend and trying to be a regular guy and gay droive him to despair, or a woman;
12. If he goes back once, he may have to go back again;
13. Possibly his wife and her detectives might find out;
14. He is stupid;
15. Any combo of the above. There will undoubtedly be more. I'd list them but I've only 5Gb bandwidth left for the month...

These characterisitcs are oddly not limited to the US male. Just that there's more US males than there are most other nationalities.

Solution is at hand. For the male, that can be taken literally.  /& For the female... CdM...  /rock

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Valentino in the Young Rajah - Theme by Mustang Forums