Concierge Companion Forum - O'Neill Cold Water Classic

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2020, 07:41:36 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Art and Entertainment
| | |-+  O'Neill Cold Water Classic
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: O'Neill Cold Water Classic  (Read 2735 times)
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:59:36 AM »

ttp://www.oneill.com/cwc/california

This is what's happening in my neck of the woods this weekend.  Fabulous weather and surf!!
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
AcidHouseMuse
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:57:52 PM »

Oh wow!  Are there really just seals sitting around where you live?  That's the best thing that could possibly happen anywhere!!!

I so want to see California one of these days.  I've wanted to live there since I was a kid, but don't know if that would ever happen.  My dream job is there though.  So, it would be neat if it did ever happen!  Lots of things have happend in my life that I never thought would happen, so... what the heck do I know?  Very pretty with the ocean and cliffs and whatnot!  :)  Not to mention the freakin seals!!  Sorry!  /LOL  Forget the surfers I'd want to go feed and hang out with the seals!
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »

Oh wow!  Are there really just seals sitting around where you live?  That's the best thing that could possibly happen anywhere!!!

I so want to see California one of these days.  I've wanted to live there since I was a kid, but don't know if that would ever happen.  My dream job is there though.  So, it would be neat if it did ever happen!  Lots of things have happend in my life that I never thought would happen, so... what the heck do I know?  Very pretty with the ocean and cliffs and whatnot!  :)  Not to mention the freakin seals!!  Sorry!  /LOL  Forget the surfers I'd want to go feed and hang out with the seals!

ACM - What is your dream job?

The seals are on the rocks, sunning, or under the piers, on docks.  They are pretty big and can be mean.  They might look cute but they are wild animals and nothing like the ones you see at Sea World. If you go farther south on the coast, about 12 miles, the beaches are not with cliffs and you can see the seaweed beds drifting in the Monterey Bay.  Pictures on O'Neill site are showing you Santa Cruz Beach and Bay.  In the seaweed beds are the sea otters,  with binocs from the beach you can look out and see their little heads pop up here and there.  What I really like is watching the Pelicans feed.  They are really big birds.  On land they look really out of place.   
Did you see the picture of the Big Dipper (roller coaster).  Directly across the street is the best Mexican place for handmade tamales.  I call them "dippers"  because they are the small tamales, about 5-6 inches in length.  Plus they make the best green chile salsa. 

I personally go to the CWC for the surfers.  I go to the beach for the surfers, period.  I haven't surfed since high school, but I remember the camaraderie and the peacefulness of the coves.  The most I do now is boogie boarding.   
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
AcidHouseMuse
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 09:57:57 PM »

I want to work for Ceasar Milan one of these days at his Dog Psychology Center.  He's not hiring currently.  I check often.   :)  My other dream job is working for Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah.  Working for Ceasar would be my number one pick.  I'm on the wrong frak-ing side of the country!

MmmmmMmmmmm... green chilis!  So miss those from New Mexico!  I can get them frozen here but it's not the same. 

Yeah... I can imagine seals are probably mean.   :(  They're still awesome though.  I love otters too though and I imagine watching the pelicans is fun as well.  I always got dirty looks in Miami for feeding the seagulls.  I'd be sitting on the ground talking to them surrounded.  People in Miami think of them as sky rats.  They don't like for you to acknowledge the birds in anyway.  But, as this fake book cover says...

http://www.worldoflongmire.com/features/romance_novels/birds.jpg

Just picture the girl with longer hair and covered with seagulls.   /ROTFL

Hey at least you can boogie board!  :)  I can't even swim.  Very religious family... I wore ankle length skirts and to the collar shirts til 8th grade.  Swimsuits show too much skin so wasn't allowed to swim.  I need to learn someday!  I also want to learn to ride a bike! 

NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 10:26:37 AM »

I want to work for Ceasar Milan one of these days at his Dog Psychology Center.  He's not hiring currently.  I check often.   :)  My other dream job is working for Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah.  Working for Ceasar would be my number one pick.  I'm on the wrong frak-ing side of the country!

MmmmmMmmmmm... green chilis!  So miss those from New Mexico!  I can get them frozen here but it's not the same.  

Yeah... I can imagine seals are probably mean.   :(  They're still awesome though.  I love otters too though and I imagine watching the pelicans is fun as well.  I always got dirty looks in Miami for feeding the seagulls.  I'd be sitting on the ground talking to them surrounded.  People in Miami think of them as sky rats.  They don't like for you to acknowledge the birds in anyway.  But, as this fake book cover says...

http://www.worldoflongmire.com/features/romance_novels/birds.jpg

Just picture the girl with longer hair and covered with seagulls.   /ROTFL

Hey at least you can boogie board!  :)  I can't even swim.  Very religious family... I wore ankle length skirts and to the collar shirts til 8th grade.  Swimsuits show too much skin so wasn't allowed to swim.  I need to learn someday!  I also want to learn to ride a bike!  

Well, I have to say, if you were on the beach with me...I would not be too happy if you feed the seagulls, either.  Let's go to Venice, Italy and feed the pigeons, there.  /thumbsup  
I think I would take you to the zoo or Marine World, here.  They have bird aviaries that you can feed the birds, they come land on you to eat.  Plus they are a lot more prettier.

Either I have to come to you or you have to come to me ---just so I can teach you to swim or ride a bike.  Both are not difficult.  We could just laugh  /ROTFL  How are you with a stick shift?  Might as well get that out of the way, too.  It would be a good ab workout!  The boogie board is really a floating device, it has an ankle strap.   /LOL

Your family sounds like my mother's.  They are Pentecostal.  I got to spend some summers, as a kid, with them.  I think my mom sent us to them so we see how others worship and I gained tolerance for others' religion.  I only see them once in a blue moon now or funerals.  The Pentecostals certainly know how to have a funeral and wake!

Sounds like a great ambition, the Dog Psychology Center.  Have you considered just writing this Ceasar Milan guy a letter of introduction?  Tell him your dream and send a resume.  At least you would be on file, then send him a Christmas card every year to remind him of your wish.   What could it hurt?

I am very settled as a Californian,  :)   Utah is a great place to visit.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
AcidHouseMuse
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 02:30:20 PM »

Ooooh!  The aviary sounds fun!  I would like that!  :)  Sea world too.  I went to the marina in Miami which is close.  I fell in love with the dolphins.  

Caught me!  I don't know how to drive a stick shift either!  Cool! that you would teach me!  Sounds fun!  It may be more difficult than you think.  I lack coordination.  You should see me run.  Remember the Elaine dance on Seinfield?  Now somehow make that running.  People ask me...what the heck are you doing when I run.  All I can say is I'm running!!!  Cause I am.  I can't help that it looks like somethings mentally wrong with me when I run!   /LOL

My family is very divided religously.  Not pentacostal, they make the pentacostals look tame.   /LOL  Must have been an interesting summer for you though!  My grandmother is Southern Baptist. Her mother was Cherokee, so.. native american spirituality not Christian and I seemed to have soaked up a lot her beliefs when she was alive.  Which is part of what drew me so deeply into Tori Amos's music.  We have that in common.  Sort of a pull between Christianity and native american spirituality. My mom and my stepfather are some form of survival-ism, jews for jesus, and amway.  The more people they convert to their thinking supposedly the more likely they get to sit beside Jesus in Heaven.  It's really hard to pick out Christmas cards as half of my family believes Santa is Satan misspelled.  Then friend wise it gets even more diverse.  I basically look for something along the lines of "Have a good winter!"  /ROTFL

That's a good idea for Ceasar!!  I'm doing that!!  Thank you!!

I would probably really enjoy living in California or Utah.  The hopi indians have always fascinated me and they have a big presence in Utah so I'm sure I'd be happy no matter where I end up.  I'm such a gyspy though... settled?  Not sure I could truly settle anyone place.  My feet get itchy after a while.  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 02:34:33 PM by AcidHouseMuse » Logged
lucifer
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »

AHM wrote - "half of my family believes Santa is Satan misspelled."

They could always spell it correctly - just a suggestion.

Anyway, the principle of giving gifts is to acknowledge the influence of Mammon; designed to corrupt and de-spirtualize terrestrial humans. The "Santa / Satan" principle works along the lines of backwards messages oh so prevalent on metal albums. However, this backfired (which is quite difficult when it's already backward) and had to make satanic messages far more blatant. Vis a vis Slayer, Venom and Mercyful Fate.  /rock  >:D Beelzebub and Leviathan had some say in this matter.

Oddly, only things that don't really exist or are hardly noticeable get acknowledged. Put it up front and no one takes any notice. We call it hiding in the light...

Hence the Santa thing. Subversive and devious. And how well it works... just look at what happens to people shopping at Christmas time. (cue in sounds of Vincent price-type laughter...)

Love

Lucifer  (the bringer of light...) >:D

AcidHouseMuse
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 09:10:51 PM »

They could always spell it correctly - just a suggestion.

Ha!  Trust me they do!  Not that brownie points are ever earned in agreeing with my family...  :p  But, I know most of our *cough* Christian holidays are stolen from other sources.  Not to say they can't be fun in the right hands.  :)

Hence the Santa thing. Subversive and devious. And how well it works... just look at what happens to people shopping at Christmas time. (cue in sounds of Vincent price-type laughter...)

The Vincent Price  laughter was a nice touch.   :)  It's been sooooo long since I've been out with the holiday nutbars... My christmas shopping list is both thankfully and not so thankfully dinky.  But, it keeps me out of the madness.  That black friday thing people do on tv... very evil laugh worthy from what I've seen!  You may be onto something...
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 08:46:09 AM »

Lucifer  (the bringer of light...)

The Vincent Price  laughter was a nice touch.   :)  It's been sooooo long since I've been out with the holiday nutbars... My christmas shopping list is both thankfully and not so thankfully dinky.  But, it keeps me out of the madness.  That black friday thing people do on tv... very evil laugh worthy from what I've seen!  You may be onto something...

Lucifer (teacher of trivia trivia....) :)

ACM -  I have made my Christmas shopping list small. I thought it was about time to slim the list,anyway.  Everyone says it is the thought that counts (cards work).
Think garland and tinsel with shiny lights in March. That is when it will be Christmas for me.   I am just deciding if I should provide a bow?
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, O'Neill Cold Water Classic - Theme by Mustang Forums