Concierge Companion Forum - Top 5 Destinations for 2010

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 12:27:40 AM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Fun with Friends
| | |-+  Listmania!
| | | |-+  Top 5 Destinations for 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Top 5 Destinations for 2010  (Read 9160 times)
visitor001

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »

Peeps,

What are your top 5 destinations that you want to cross of your list this year? For me it would be:

Savannah, Georgia USA

I hear the city is beautiful and picturesque. The other plus side is my infatuation with the Southern drawl (start practicing NOW :)).

Villefranche-sur-Mer, France

Costal town 6km east of Nice. I've heard this part of the Cte d'Azur is absolutely stunning.

Salzburg, Austria

I've always wanted to attend the Salzburg Music Festival. A great gathering of classical music lovers from across the world.

Shanghai, China

I'll be in Bejing later this year and hope to take a short trip to Shanghai and stay in the French Concession area.

Perth and Kinross (Schiehallion Mountain), Scotland, UK

I need to get cracking and climb my first Munro but it's just to darn cold here and will have to wait until the weather warms up in Spring. I hear Dewar's World of Whisky distillery and visitor centre is close by as well (getting pissed on Scotch Whisky halfway up a mountain, just the thought of it excites me :)).

Cole
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:49:13 AM by Cole Carter » Logged
'Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence'

- Vincent van Gogh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3mrQjvN3w
xxx
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »

Cole,

I am bitterly disappointed not to see Australia in your fine list  :(  Can you think of no reasons, to venture to this stunning country??  The Barrier Reef......Uluru.....there must be something that would entice you to get on an plane and fly for more than 20 hours???

Christina  :)
James Craig
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »

Playing devils advocate on Mr. Carter's behalf me thinks he has spent time in Australia before and is listing places he wants to get to this year.

However I will most certainly include the wonderful Country of Australia in my list.  :) and include places that I have been to and want to go back.

The Whitsunday Islands. (Airlie Beach, Australia.)

Cannot think of anywhere more beautiful and peaceful than those sailing around those collections of islands.

Rio de Janeiro. (Brazil)

Remains one of my all time favorite cities. Such joie d'vivre (sp?)

Mt Everest

Base camp only. I have no intention of losing fingers and toes to the extreme cold. Call me Mr. un-adventurous.

Montmartre, Paris, France

Sipping a cheeky Beaujolais and eating a Croque monsieur in the Paris springtime has to be done.

Perth and Kinross (Schiehallion Mountain), Scotland, UK

Because visiting a whisky distillery with Cole sounds like fun.
 /drink
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »

New Zealand (Queenstown)
Never have been there.

Brazil
Although having missed Carnival this year it may need to get put in the 2011 bucket.

Galapagos Islands
A bit late for the 150th anniversary of Darwin's trip (or was it book) but close enough

Mt Everest
I would love to climb to the top

Campbeltown, Scotland
The holy of holies: Springbank's distillery

And one more:

Australia (Melbourne)
Been to Sydney and Barrier Reef but never to that fine city ;)

Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
"If morning's echo says we sinned,
 well, it was what I wanted now."
www.alexslogan.com
pixie
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »

Barcelona

The architecture... the tapas...
I've already booked a long weekend for March so that one will be crossed off soon

New Zealand

Everyone raves about the gorgeous landscapes. I will also be going for the gorgeous Sauvignon Blanc.
Happily I'm likely to be going in November as part of my yearly down under visit.

Lake Como

I've already been to Lake Garda but I hear tell it is even more beautiful and maybe I can drop into George Clooney's villa for a nice cup of tea.

Japan

A place I've always wanted to visit to experience the unique culture.

Vegas, baby, Vegas

Glittery man made fun. Everyone has to at least once.
This one is also already booked for May. Bellagio here I come !
visitor001

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »

Cole,

I am bitterly disappointed not to see Australia in your fine list  :(  Can you think of no reasons, to venture to this stunning country??  The Barrier Reef......Uluru.....there must be something that would entice you to get on an plane and fly for more than 20 hours???

I need to think hard about this one...mmm..I'll get back to you...I can't think of anything at this moment.

- Vincent van Gogh

pura
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:20:45 PM »

Will be mostly local:

Techachapi Highway: safest location to scope April's wildflowers.

Bluffs at sunset: can see almost over the Grapevine or Highway 99 on a clear day plus stand a shot at getting in the backdrop for Gabriel Iglesias' next live Comedy Central concert from the Fox Theater.

Cornwall Beach, Ontario, Canada: swimming through schools of green, purple, and sky blue minnows on a surfless morning

Rockin' By the River: a free, dry mini-Woodstock every summer Wednesday *fingers crossed Parks Dept pulls that off this year.

Marketplace Jazz: no-cover outdoor old school or jazz all summer long
NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »

Wow, this group is so travel adventurous!!  /clap2

My destinations are already booked (check). Reservations and tickets (check) and more goal/event orientated to coincide with my continued self-improvement campaign for body, mind and soul:

Los Gatos, CA - Blepharoplasty surgery

San Francisco, CA - The ballet in March is "The Little Mermaid"
http://www.sfballet.org/interact/watch/index.asp?bclid=50678362001&bctid=50922913001  &  http://www.architecturesf.com/page1/page1.html

Seattle, WA - http://www.littlereddayspa.com & http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/exhibit/exhibitDetail.asp?eventID=16651

Los Angeles, CA - http://www.earthcam.com/usa/california/venicebeach/ & http://www.hpht.org/tour.html

Vegas, NV - "THE Birthday Party"  Starting at the cabana -  www.vegaschatter.com/files/1425/go_pool.jpg
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:14:40 PM by NoGNoG » Logged
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
xxx
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:01:44 AM »

New Zealand (Queenstown)
Never have been there.

Brazil
Although having missed Carnival this year it may need to get put in the 2011 bucket.

Galapagos Islands
A bit late for the 150th anniversary of Darwin's trip (or was it book) but close enough

Mt Everest
I would love to climb to the top

Campbeltown, Scotland
The holy of holies: Springbank's distillery

And one more:

Australia (Melbourne)
Been to Sydney and Barrier Reef but never to that fine city ;)

Thank you, Alex.  I hope you would find Melbourne as enticing as Sydney.  People tend to love one or the other.   As an analogy, Australians use the analogy that Sydney is a "Hollywood hooker" and Melbourne is "European royalty".  All a matter of taste.

xxx
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 03:02:43 AM »

Cole,

I need to think hard about this one...mmm..I'll get back to you...I can't think of anything at this moment.

Yes, you do that Cole.  Let me know if you can think of anything........

Amber
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 03:15:56 AM »

Cole, if you did go to Aussie, I'm sure Christina would be happy to put you up for the night.   ;)
If good and evil are two sides of the same coin, then my coin is balanced on edge.
visitor001

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:14:09 AM »

Cole,

I am bitterly disappointed not to see Australia in your fine list  :(  Can you think of no reasons, to venture to this stunning country??  The Barrier Reef......Uluru.....there must be something that would entice you to get on an plane and fly for more than 20 hours???

Christina  :)

Yes, you do that Cole.  Let me know if you can think of anything........

MMmmm....What to do in Australia....Mmmmm..

- Vincent van Gogh

NoGNoG
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:21:32 AM »

Cole,

I am bitterly disappointed not to see Australia in your fine list  :(  Can you think of no reasons, to venture to this stunning country??  The Barrier Reef......Uluru.....there must be something that would entice you to get on an plane and fly for more than 20 hours???

I hear that the water is warm and the women are hot.  ;D
"If you believe passionately in what you are doing and whom you are doing it with, success is bound to follow.
~Anisa Kamadoli Costa
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »

Thank you, Alex.  I hope you would find Melbourne as enticing as Sydney.  People tend to love one or the other.   As an analogy, Australians use the analogy that Sydney is a "Hollywood hooker" and Melbourne is "European royalty".  All a matter of taste.

I have eclectic tastes.

Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
"If morning's echo says we sinned,
 well, it was what I wanted now."
www.alexslogan.com
visitor001

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

Cole,

I hear that the water is warm and the women are hot.  ;D

I need intelligence to go with a hot 'bod'.  ;)

- Vincent van Gogh

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, Top 5 Destinations for 2010 - Theme by Mustang Forums