Concierge Companion Forum - British Airways Thanks A Lot! (Not)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 04:16:01 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Travel and Leisure
| | |-+  British Airways Thanks A Lot! (Not)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: British Airways Thanks A Lot! (Not)  (Read 4376 times)
visitor001

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:48 PM »

Discount Economy Mileage   
Was 25%
NOW 100%    

Discount Economy Tier Points
Was 25%
NOW 50%

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/ec-benefits-jb-blue/execclub/_gf/en_gb?openxzoneid=341&openxcampaign=tim-global&openxbanner=4770&openxtype=click

Nice slap to those who put in the airmiles and tier points in before 1 Oct 2010. Should of changed to the Middle Eastern carriers a long time ago.... >:( >:( >:(

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:07:21 PM by Cole Carter » Logged
'Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence'

- Vincent van Gogh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3mrQjvN3w
Amber
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 03:05:04 AM »

Sorry Cole... I hate it when you act in good faith and then providers change the rules midstream.
If good and evil are two sides of the same coin, then my coin is balanced on edge.
visitor001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 04:14:57 AM »

Sorry Cole... I hate it when you act in good faith and then providers change the rules midstream.

Are you trying to say something Amber?  ;D
'Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence'

- Vincent van Gogh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3mrQjvN3w
MC Germany
Companions

sit down & relax

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:13:50 AM »

/TF
Happiness is a journey, not a destination :)

http://www.male-companion-germany.eu
John Oh
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »

As service providers ourselves, there is a clear lesson there for us.  Along the lines of: under promise and over deliver.

John.
bms
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »

My partner and I recently flew Virgin between the US and London and it was great. The service was very good - though the name of the airline seems a little inappropriate given the nature of my trip!
Guest005
Companions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »

I would second the love of Virgin Atlantic (and dream of someday flying Virgin Galactic...!)

BA is mixed, but far far far better than, say Iberia, who had duct-taped together one of the overhead bins and managed to make me late on not one, but two flights in the course of 48 hours.
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand..."

www.Luke-Jackson.com/
alexslogan
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »

Virgin Upper Class is amongst the best
Yes, Virginia (http://www.nysun.com/editorials/yes-virginia/68502/), Alex is Santa Claus  ...........................   
"If morning's echo says we sinned,
 well, it was what I wanted now."
www.alexslogan.com
xxx
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »

Should of changed to the Middle Eastern carriers a long time ago.... >:( >:( >:(

Middle Eastern carriers, eh?  What about Qantas?  I mean, other than falling out of the air constantly, they're a pretty good airline  ;)

Christina  :)
James Craig
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »

Should of changed to the Middle Eastern carriers a long time ago.... >:( >:( >:(

Middle Eastern carriers, eh?  What about Qantas?  I mean, other than falling out of the air constantly, they're a pretty good airline  ;)

Christina  :)

Hey it was only one engine. They had another 3 to use.  :)
John Oh
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 03:59:08 AM »

@James: true, but (a much as I rather like our flying pogo) going by the statistics for failure, a MAJOR problem (like an engine failure) will have been proceeded by about 10 medium problems, which will have been proceeded by about 100 minor problems etc

So a company that is ignoring the 100 minor problems and 10 medium problems (despite knowing full well what they signify) is knowingly playing with fire.  These sorts of risk management issues are so well understood in industries like mining and airlines that letting your standards slip means that you are caring less and less about safety (and probably more and more about making money, or avoiding going bankrupt).

Not a good situation at all :-( and it all started when Qantas sent a lot of their jet maintenance off shore. 

John.
pixie
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »

Flying back from Sydney on an Emirates A380 I took solace from the fact that they do not have the same type of engine as the Qantas A380s. That and liberal quantities of Dom Perignon were enough to remove any niggling worries. I made it home safe, sound and slightly hungover.   
John Oh
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »

Sounds like a good flight then Pixie :-)  What did you think of Sydney?

John.
pixie
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »

That was my fifth trip to Sydney, a good friend of mine emigrated five years ago and I like to pay her an annual visit. The area where she lives, Balmain, has become a real home from home for me.

I love the city and the people, very friendly and laid back. I've visited Melbourne and Adelaide but Sydney remains my favourite.
John Oh
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 10:01:10 PM »

Hi Pixie,

It's pretty hard to go past Balmain for locations in Sydney.  Nice area to live. 

Personally I prefer Melbourne for its food culture (better restaurants and easier to get around to generally).  But the weather in Sydney is more to my liking  :)

John.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, British Airways Thanks A Lot! (Not) - Theme by Mustang Forums