Concierge Companion Forum - On Websites

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 03:52:13 PM

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Concierge Companion Forum
|-+  The Main Lounge
| |-+  Male Companion Marketing
| | |-+  On Websites
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: On Websites  (Read 3612 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:50:43 PM »

Helpful links to check out when thinking about what you want your website to look like!
(Feel free to add your own or make helpful comments.)

What NOT to do on your website:

10 Things NOT to do when Designing a Website

19 Things NOT To Do When Building a Website

Top 13 Things Not to Do When Designing a Website

50 Tips To A User Friendly Website

Aesthetics:

20 Attractive Websites That Make Background Patterns Work

30 Inspiring Web Design Layouts from deviantART

Beautiful and Creative Examples of Vibrant Web Designs

SEO

SEO Considerations in Website Redesign

Search Engine Guide newsletters (these are fantastic- always current. Latest one is Jan 2011)
Guest007

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »

This will definitely be digested within the next three days.  /clap2
Javier Franco Salvatore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »

Thank you so much ! The information is very useful ! especially the part about seo ! I am building my own website and it's an ongoing process  - I did savor it to the last drop ! /drink
AndrewWright

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:06:54 PM »

Those links were helpful.  Some of those tips are common sense but other were gems.

ty
pixie
Ladies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 04:12:37 AM »

I noticed that none of the 'What not to do' lists mentions an absolutely crucial point. Spelling.

Personally I am very put off by bad spelling or punctuation on a website, especially one that's trying to sell me something. It's even more important on a companion's website. If there are lots of spelling and grammatical errors  I can't help drawing the conclusion that he is poorly educated or simply pays no attention to detail neither of which inspire confidence. 

Apparently I'm not the only one, some recent research suggests that just one spelling mistake on a website can reduce online sales by up to a half. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14130854     
lucifer
CdM Featured Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:01 PM »

Haha, spelling Pix! Yes indeed. I could spend ages going back to every typo I seebut that would take too much time.Ii suppose on posts the occasiola flub is one thing but on web sites (and some books)? I find it amazing that people who are clever enough for web design (not me) but have no idea who to construct content correctly.

It's bad enough that spell checkers insist we have to spell everything the American way (sorry USA friends, nothing personal).  ;)

Don't worry site designers, just assume things are not correct and spell check everything. And again. Mind you I think getting feedback on content quality is a job and someone will have to fork out on this investment somewhere.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Concierge Companion Forum, On Websites - Theme by Mustang Forums